At Auxesia Homes (Auxesia), we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This policy explains how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have over your personal information.
We take our duty to process your personal information very seriously.
We may change this document from time to time to reflect the latest view of what we do with your information. Please check back frequently; you will be able to see if changes have been made by the date it was last updated at the end of the document.
Refer to the sections below for more details on how and why we use your personal information:
When you are browsing our website, we have cookies in place to ensure that the website works well and provide information on how you navigate the site and the pages you visit. You will be given the option to agree to these cookies when you visit the website.
We also have some essential cookies in operation which help the website work well, you can block these but it may affect the website’s ability to respond correctly, load pages etc.
Facebook Adverts (Sponsored Posts)
Occasionally we run Facebook Adverts to promote the visibility of our services. When you click on our advert you are consenting to finding out more about us. Our Facebook Adverts use the Facebook Pixel Service of Facebook Inc. 1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA94304. USA (Facebook). This tool allows us to find out more about the actions of users after they are redirected to our website. It also allows us to measure the efficiency of our Facebook adverts for statistical and market research purposes. Using this information allows us to improve our advertising for a better experience and provide you with further advertising on Facebook and the use of Custom Audiences. You can find out more about this and withdraw your consent here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
When you subscribe to Property Alerts
When subscribing to Property Alerts, we ask for your name and email address and preferences. This allows us to personalise our communications with you. You will remain on the mailing list until you withdraw your consent by unsubscribing. You can unsubscribe at any time, either by using the unsubscribe option in any of our newsletters or by emailing email@example.com.
When you make enquiries or become a tenant
When you enquire about becoming a tenant, we may need to share your information with other organisations to facilitate you being offered a property. As we don’t have a waiting list ourselves, we will usually refer you to local authorities with whom we have an agreement to provide housing.
We will tell you about this at the point of collection. When you become a tenant of Auxesia, we will collect the information necessary to be able to administer your tenancy and provide any support and advice. At the time of collection of this information we will provide you with privacy information about how the information collected will be used, shared, and retained.
When you contact us via email
When you make an enquiry via email, the information in the email will only be used to respond to your request or question. We try to respond to email queries as promptly as possible but it can take the team up to 48 hours to respond to email queries especially at busy times, so please be patient with us.
When you take part in online research or surveys
Occasionally, we ask for feedback on your interaction with the website, our services, and your customer experience. We will use a secure online platform to gather your responses which may include your name and contact details in case we need to contact you to follow up on your answers.
Links to other websites
To be able to provide you additional services such as helping you apply via a waiting list for a rental property, we may provide links to other websites.
We suggest that you review the privacy policies for any third-party websites you visit as we cannot accept any liability for the way they manage your personal information.
The information we need
Auxesia is what’s known as the ‘data controller’ of the personal information you provide to us. Your relationship with us determines how much information we collect from you. We will only ever collect the information needed to provide you with advice and services.
We will be very clear with you about the reason for collecting information and how we intend to use, share, and store that information at the point we collect it.
Collecting your personal information
We collect personal information about you through a variety of different methods including when you:
- Sign up to our Property Alerts
- Ask for more information
- Send us correspondence via email
- Become a tenant
- Take part in a survey
- Give us feedback
The Auxesia website is not intended for anyone under 16.
Where is your information stored?
Wherever possible, all the personal information we process is processed within the UK or European Economic Area (EEA).
If we must transfer your personal information outside of the UK or EEA, we do our best to make sure a similar degree of security of personal information by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission or ICO; or
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in Europe.
If you fail to provide the information requested
If you fail to provide the information requested where we need the personal information for either legal or accounting purposes or to fulfil our contract with you, we may need to cancel our agreement. Before cancelling, we will notify you that you are required to provide the missing information and give you a further reminder before cancellation.
Sharing your information
Other than in the following circumstances, we do not share your information with any other organisations or individuals unless we are obliged to by law, for purposes of national security, taxation, and criminal investigations:
- Where other organisations provide services to us and we have a contract in place which protects your personal information and rights in accordance with data protection legislation.
- If you have agreed that we may do so.
- If we sell the business – the new owner may obtain tenant information. This information would only be used for the same purposes for which it was originally obtained.
- Where required by a local authority to support your tenancy.
- If we run an event in partnership with other named organisations, your details may need to be shared. We will be very clear what will happen to your personal information when you register.
And we will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations.
Retaining your information
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each reason that we use it. For example, your email address on our Property Alerts list will be held whilst you are a subscriber. During the retention period we ensure the security and integrity of the information. If you become a tenant, we will retain the information related to the tenancy throughout the period you remain a tenant and for seven years post tenancy.
What are your rights?
You have a number of rights about how the personal information you provide can be used. These are:
- Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed).
- The ability to request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access).
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong (right of rectification).
- Ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing).
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be 'forgotten').
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes (right to object).
- Obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes (right to data portability).
- Not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing (automated decision making and profiling).
If you would like to know more about your rights under data protection law, you can find out more at the Information Commissioners Office website.
How to contact us
Auxesia Homes is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller. Our registration number is ZB212294.
Auxesia Homes Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered company number: 07451258 whose registered office is 1eb Booths Hall Booths Park, Chelford Road, Knutsford, England, WA16 8QZ.
Last updated: September 2021